Dr. Asmita Wele is the professor and head of the department of Rasashastra and Bhaishajyakalpana Vigyan [Ayurveda pharmacology] at College of Ayurveda Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University in Pune, India. She is also Honorary Professor, University of Debrecen, Hungary.
Her expertise lies in designing and execution of end to end research projects of Ayurvedic formulations. She has been Principle investigator of DST project, AYUSH projects, and member of AYUSH-International Co-operation committee, of scientific advisory committee of Gujarat Ayurveda University, Jamnagar and of BoS and Academic Council of BHU, Varanasi. She has delivered more than 100 lectures as a resource person in several interdisciplinary workshops and conferences and on public platforms. She has published over 40 research papers, articles, chapters and also authored a book on research methodology. She is a reviewer for some indexed journals from Elsevier, Scopus and PubMed databases. Her areas of special interest are Asthma, Cancer and Neuropsychology and Nutrition apart from her expertise in Ayurveda drug development.
Consistent with her family legacy of ‘Vaidya’ tradition from Goa, Dr. Asmita has earned her BAMS. and MD degrees from the University of Poona. Dr Asmita is an active member of many organizations. She has travelled to Europe, USA, Mexico, Africa, Nordic countries, Middle East, UK etc on professional assignments.
- M. D. (Ayurveda) University of Pune, Pune, INDIA
- B.A.M.S.(Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery, University of Pune, Pune, INDIA
- Hon. Professor, Chairperson Ayurveda Chair at University of Debrecen, Hungary
- Dr Asmita completed GCP Training by CDSCO and EC-IRB training by DAIDS supported by NIH.
- Dr Asmita was the Ayurveda Expert and co-rapporteur for the historic working group meeting for development of WHO Benchmark documents on Panchakarma, Ayurveda Practice and Training
Licenses & Certifications
- Certified Peer Reviewer course, Elsevier Researcher Academy
- Fundamentals of Manuscript Preparation, Elsevier Researcher Academy
- Design & Interpretation of Clinical Trials, Coursera