Bilva / Bael/ Bilvam or Bengal quince or wood apple [Botanical Name - Aegle marmelos]
- Bael leaf powder balances the three Doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha) and is effective in :
- Preventing abdominal colic pain, dyspepsia and gastritis
- Blood purifier
- Good for Jaundice and gastric problems
- Anti-fungal, good for dental and oral hygiene
- Effective in controlling fevers and cold and cough.
- Bael Leaf contain Vitamin C which supports as antioxidant to get rid of free oxidative radicals.
How to use :
- Mix one teaspoon of Bael powder with honey and have it on empty stomach for fevers and cold and cough.
- Boil one teaspoon of Bael powder in one glass of water till water reduces to quarter glass. Take warm decoction after food for clearing bowels and constipation related conditions.
- If one is travelling or do not have time, then take a teaspoon of Bael powder with lukewarm water and have it on empty stomach in the morning and evening for clearing bowels.
- Mix half-teaspoon Bael powder in warm water and rinse mouth thoroughly for dental and oral hygiene.(Or) As prescribed by doctor
- (Advisory Warning: not to exceed the stated recommended daily usage)
Key Indication :